Request for consultation
Written by a team of best-selling authors, BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, 14th Edition reveals the biological world in wondrous detail. Packed with eye-catching photos and images, this text shows and tells the fascinating story of life on Earth, and engages readers with hands-on activities that encourage critical thinking. Chapter opening Learning Roadmaps help students focus on the topics that matter most and section-ending "Take Home Messages" reinforce key concepts. Helpful in-text features include a running glossary, case studies, issue-related essays, linked concepts, self-test questions, data analysis problems, and more. The accompanying MindTap for Biology is the most engaging and easiest to customize online solution in Biology. Known for a clear, accessible style, BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, 14th Edition puts the living world of biology under a microscope for readers from all walks of life to analyze, understand, and enjoy!
- MindTap™ for Biology: You know what's best for your students and you can deliver it with MindTap! The clear and engaging learning path includes student learning tools—readings, activities, videos, assessments, and a new Digital Study Guide—and guides students through their course. Instructors can easily set their course by customizing the learning path and adding their favorite resources. The conceptual exercises in the Aplia problem sets elevate student thinking and promote better outcomes.
- Human Impacts: Even more engaging, up-to-date content now focuses on real-world applications and the many ways human activities affect the environment.
- Revealing Artwork: New and improved illustrations and fresh, striking photographs add visual understanding to the concepts in this text, making it ideal for non-biology majors who may have limited prior exposure to biology coursework.
- Updated Case Studies: Refreshed and more relevant, these case studies highlight key applications, draw connections to the readings, and wrap up learning objectives at the end of each chapter.
- Unmatched Clarity: Unlike most science texts, BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, 14th Edition makes subjects accessible without glossing over the science—even for the most complex topics.
- Visual Substance: Both pleasing to the eye and scientifically accurate, the book's art program adds real depth to the material with step-by-step, "Figure It Out" images and animated figures.
- Key Takeaways: A helpful "Take-Home Message" following each section asks an important question, and gives bulleted answers to promote understanding in detail.
- Data Analysis: Analytical activities using real data give students the opportunity to hone their critical thinking skills and gain insight into contemporary research.
44. Population Ecology.
45. Community Ecology.
47. The Biosphere.
48. Human Impacts on the Biosphere.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Manual for Starr/Taggart/Evers/Starr’s Biology: The Unity and Diversity of Life, 14th
This guide includes lesson outlines, labs, and practice questions, all formatted especially for the redesigned AP® biology exam.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: Author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions Create multiple test versions in an instant Deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom—or wherever you want!