Request for consultation
BEGINNING C++ THROUGH GAME PROGRAMMING, THIRD EDITION approaches learning C++ from the unique and fun perspective of games. Written for the beginning game development or programming student, the book assumes no previous programming experience and each new skill and concept is taught using simple language and step-by-step instructions. Students will complete small projects in each chapter to reinforce what they've learned and a final project at the end combines all of the major topics covered in the book. Featuring twenty five percent new material, this third edition covers all the latest technology and advances.
- Written for the beginner, this book assumes no previous programming experience.
- Features 25% new material with coverage of all the latest technology.
- Approaches learning C++ from a unique and fun perspective.
- Features helpful questions, extensive end-of-chapter exercises, and web downloads to reinforce self-practice and learning.
1. Types, Variables, and Standard I/O: Lost Fortune.
2. Truth, Branching, and the Game Loop.
3. For Loops, Strings, and Arrays: Word Jumble.
4. The Standard Template Library: Hangman.
5. Functions: Mad Lib.
6. References: Tic-Tac-Toe.
7. Pointers: Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 .
8. Classes: Critter Caretaker.
9. Advanced Classes and Dynamic Memory.
10. Inheritance and Polymorphism: Blackjack.
Appendix A: Creating Your First C++ Program.
Appendix B: Operator Precedence.
Appendix C: Keywords.
Appendix D: ASCII Chart.
Appendix E: Escape Sequences.