Request for consultation
APPLIED STATICS AND STRENGTH OF MATERIALS, 2nd Edition provides engineering and construction technology readers with a strategy for successful learning of basic structural behavior and design. The book is written at a fundamental level while providing robust detail on problem-solving methods on a variety of recognizable structures, systems, and machines. Topics covered include easy-to-understand discussion on equilibrium, trusses, frames, centroids, moment of inertia, direct stress, combined stress, beam mechanics, and much more. The book also includes extensive coverage on the design of beams, columns, and connections which include the latest design specifications using steel, concrete, and wood. More than 175 fully worked examples and 500 exercise problems offer thorough and comprehensive reinforcement of the material using recognizable structural and mechanical elements which connect the readers to the real-world.
- Over 175 fully worked examples and 500 exercise problems offer thorough and comprehensive reinforcement of the material.
- New discussion and examples on load paths, building information modeling, and design applications.
- Detailed "Course Project" and "Advanced Course Project" allows student to apply principles throughout the text to the solution of a real-world design problem.
- Links to Internet Tools are provided to stimulate conceptual and visual learning.
- A back-of-book CD contains simulation software to further conceptual understanding.
- "Advanced Learning Opportunities" presents a variety of outside references to be used for honors-type applications.
2: Forces and Force Systems.
3: Equilibrium of Force Systems.
4: Truss and Frame Analysis.
6: Center of Gravity and Centroids.
7: Moment of Inertia.
8: Stress and Strain.
9: Further Applications of Stress and Strain.
11: Beams: Shear Forces and Bending Moments.
12: Beams: Bending, Shear, and Deflection.
13: Combined Stresses.
14: Beam Design Basics.
15: Column Design Basics.
16: Connection Design Basics.
Appendix A: Steel Section Tables.
Appendix B: Typical Properties for Selected Materials and Radii of Gyration.
Appendix C: Beam Loading Tables.
Appendix D: Timber Section Tables and Design Values.
Appendix E: Integration Techniques for Centroids, Moment of Inertia, and Bending Moments.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM