Request for consultation
Practical and easy to use, this text lays a solid groundwork for beginning and intermediate students to pursue careers in architecture, construction, or civil engineering. The text clarifies the vital interdependence between structural steel design and fabrication drawings, equipping students to work flexibly with both. First and foremost a drafting book, Structural Steel Drafting and Design gives an overview of structural design theory while providing numerous examples, illustrations, and real-world assignments. Students also become acquainted with critical tables and reference material from industry-standard sources, as well as the merits of Load and Resistance Factor Design and Allowable Strength Design.
- emphasizes the connection between design and fabrication drawings, enhancing users' ability to work with both
- practical drawings and details help users grasp complex concepts at a glance
- examples of design calculations familiarize users with routine mathematics encountered on the job
- Allowable Stress Design method enables users to understand the numbers in technical calculations
- familiarizes users with authoritative information from American Institute of Steel Construction and Steel Joist Institute
- A new chapter on Vertical and horizontal bracing
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM