Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process APPLIED CALC, 2nd edition is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today's learners at a value-based price. Geared toward business and social science majors, this text helps students develop the analytical thinking skills they need to be successful in the workplace. Straightforward language and an award-winning writing style promote conceptual understanding of mathematical topics and real-world contexts. An innovative combination of content delivery both in print and online provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets, including end-of-chapter review cards, downloadable flashcards and practice problems, online video tutorials, solutions to exercises aimed at supplementing learning outside of the classroom. Also available is Cengage Learning's Enhanced WebAssign®—a complete online homework management system for students and professors.
- Chapter 1 "Functions and Models" has been revised and expanded to provide a more in-depth review of prerequisite material.
- Answers to odd-numbered problems are included in the text.
- The text contains many new and updated real-life applications.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (CourseMate), and an eBook all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups, surveys, and interviews.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-out Tech Cards in both the Student and Instructor Editions contain tips on using graphing calculators.
- Instructor Prep Cards in the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick overview of chapter content, including Concept Overview, Key Words, and Concept Challenges for Students.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. Quizzes, flashcards, lecture videos, solution videos, extra practice exercises, and more are only a click away. *(please make sure the resources you list pertain to your title and are available.)*
- All of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none including PowerLecture (an instructor CD/DVD), Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero, an Instructor's Edition, an e-book, an online Instructor's Solutions Manual, and an online Student Solutions Manual.
1.1 Functions 1.2 Linear Functions 1.3 Quadratic Functions 1.4 Polynomial and Rational Functions 1.5 Exponential Functions and Logarithms 1.6 Function Modeling and Combining Functions.
2. THE DERIVATIVE.
2.1 Average Rate of Change 2.2 Limits and Instantaneous Rates of Change 2.3 The Derivative as a Slope: Graphical Methods 2.4 The Derivative as a Function: Algebraic Method 2.5 Interpreting the Derivative
3. DIFFERENTIATION TECHNIQUES.
3.1 Basic Derivative Rules 3.2 The Product and Quotient Rules 3.3 The Chain Rule 3.4 Exponential and Logarithmic Rules 3.5 Implicit Differentiation
4. DERIVATIVE APPLICATIONS.
4.1 Maxima and Minima 4.2 Applications of Maxima and Minima 4.3 Concavity and the Second Derivative 4.4 Related Rates.
5. THE INTEGRAL.
5.1 Indefinite Integrals 5.2 Integration by Substitution 5.3 Using Sums to Approximate Area 5.4 The Definite Integral 5.5 The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
6. ADVANCED INTEGRATION TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATIONS.
6.1 Integration by Parts 6.2 Area Between Two Curves 6.3 Differential Equations and Applications 6.4 Differential Equations: Limited Growth and Logistic Growth Models.
7. MULTIVARIABLE FUNCTIONS AND PARTIAL DERIVATIVES.
7.1 Multivariable Functions 7.2 Partial Derivatives 7.3 Multivariable Maxima and Minima 7.4 Constrained Maxima and Minima and Applications.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Student Solutions Manual
Online Student Solutions Manual
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access