Request for consultation
Give students the confidence to build successful mobile applications with a strong foundation in Java® programming using the new Android Studio. ANDROID BOOT CAMP FOR DEVELOPERS USING JAVA®: A GUIDE TO CREATING YOUR FIRST ANDROID APPS, 3E, by award-winning author Corinne Hoisington, offers a thorough introduction to Java® with an emphasis on creating effective mobile apps. Designed for a first-semester course in programming, the book is ideal for students with no prior Java® experience. The book’s hands-on tutorial approach offers step-by-step instruction and numerous screen shots to guide readers through tasks with real-life app examples. Practical callouts and industry tips, exercises that extend learning beyond the book, and a variety of cases and assignments reinforce understanding of programming logic and Java® tools for Android Studio. Prepare student programmers to meet growing business demand for mobile apps with this engaging text.
2. Simplify! The Android Studio User Interface.
3. Engage! Android User Input, Variables, and Operations.
4. Explore! Icons and Decision Making Controls.
5. Investigate! Android Lists, Arrays, and Web Browsers.
6. Jam! Implementing Audio in Android Apps.
7. Reveal! Displaying Pictures in a GridView.
8. Design! Using a DatePicker on a Tablet.
9. Customize! Navigating with Tabs on a Tablet App.
10. Move! Creating Animation and Graphics.
11. Discover! Persistent Data.
12. Finale! Publishing your Android App.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access