Request for consultation
Teach your students how to use C++ to transform program logic and design concepts into working programs with Smith's C++ PROGRAMS TO ACCOMPANY PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN, 7E. Specifically designed to be paired with the latest edition of Farrell's highly successful PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN, this guide combines the power of C++ with the popular, language-independent, logical approach of the PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN text. Together, the two books provide the perfect opportunity for those who want to learn the fundamentals of programming, while also learning an actual leading programming language. This guide combines clear explanations of concepts and syntax with pseudocode, complete programming examples, numerous visuals, and actual every day and business C++ code examples. Students practice concepts with both lab exercises and many revised practice opportunities in each section. With C++ PROGRAMS TO ACCOMPANY PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN, 7E, readers discover how real C++ code functions while still mastering concepts and taking advantage of the strengths of a traditional language-independent logic and design course.
- THOROUGH UPDATES IN THIS EDITION CORRESPOND WITH THE LATEST REVISIONS IN PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN. This book reflects the latest developments in C++ with updates that correspond directly to revisions in Farrell's PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN, 7E for a cohesive, seamless presentation.
- MANY NEW EXERCISES PROVIDE IMPORTANT PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES. This edition offers the variety of practice in C++ concepts and skills that your students need with many revised pen-and-paper exercises in addition to proven lab exercises.
- ENGAGING LAB EXERCISES CHALLENGE STUDENTS WITH PRACTICAL, HANDS-ON WORK. Each section of every chapter provides numerous, useful lab exercises that let students apply newly-learned logic and design concepts in C++.
- COMPLETE PROGRAMMING EXAMPLES DEMONSTRATE APPLICATIONS FROM START TO FINISH. Students see how an application is built from beginning to end as this edition's complete programming examples focus on every day and practical business situations without requiring special mathematics or accounting knowledge.
- ENGAGING PRESENTATION AND CLEAR EXPLANATIONS COMBINE WITH ABUNDANT VISUALS FOR A COMPLETE LEARNING EXPERIENCE. Students understand the concepts presented with the help of proven explanations and abundant visuals, including clear figures, meaningful illustrations, and screen captures of program outputs.
- TEN CONCISE CHAPTERS CORRESPOND WITH CONTENT IN PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN TEXT. This edition's ten chapters work seamlessly with both the Comprehensive and Introductory versions of Farrell's PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN, 7E. A mapping grid on the Instructor Companion Web site helps you efficiently use this C++ book with Farrell's AN OBJECT-ORIENTED APPROACH TO PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN, 4E text if desired.
2. Variables, Constants, Operators, and Writing Programs Using Sequential Statements.
3. Writing Structured C++ Programs.
4. Writing Programs That Make Decisions.
5. Writing Programs Using Loops.
6. Using Arrays in C++ Programs.
7. File Handling and Applications.
8. Advanced Array Techniques.
9. Advanced Modularization Techniques.
10. Object-Oriented C++.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Make the most of your course with a wealth of teaching aids and tips for maximizing this edition of the text at your fingertips. Instructor's Manual and Sample Syllabus assist you in planning and organizing an effective, engaging course. PowerPoint® Presentations outline key concepts to guide classroom presentation. ExamView™ test banks let you quickly and easily create pen and paper or online tests to gauge student comprehension. Student Data Files, including source code or other practice problem files, reinforce concepts from the text. Solutions files provide answers to selected activities.