Request for consultation
Offering the most current coverage available, AN INVITATION TO HEALTH: The Power of NOW, BRIEF, 10th Edition gives students the information and tools they need to build a foundation for a future of healthy living. This market-leading, student-friendly personal health text integrates health concepts -- body, mind, and spirit -- with hands-on applications students can immediately put into action. "Your Strategies for Change," "Your Strategies for Prevention," and "Health Now" features empower students to start living what they're learning, making positive lifestyle changes right now. "Health on a Budget" demonstrates practical ways students can achieve their goals in low- and no-cost ways, while "Consumer Alert" helps them apply critical thinking skills in evaluating health care. In addition, MindTap -- available with this text -- provides the ultimate personal learning experience by combining a wealth of digital resources into a single learning path to maximize course success.
- Each chapter begins with a new feature, “What Do You Think?” questions that ask students to think about their personal experience and knowledge in regards to concepts in the chapter. At the end of each chapter, “What Did you Decide?” questions ask students to reflect on how their answers to these questions may have changed after reading the chapter.
- The theme of the 10th Edition is "The Power of Now," emphasizing that students can make healthy changes and choices now that will ensure a lifetime of health.
- "The Power of Now checklist" at the end of each chapter reinforces key behavioral changes that can enhance and safeguard students’ health.
- As always, Invitation to Health presents the most current research in the field. The 10th Edition covers such emerging topics as the health impacts of stress, campus hookups, cyberbullying, caffeinated alcoholic beverages, electronic cigarettes and vaping, Zika virus, and many, many more.
- Dianne Hales is a leading textbook author and prolific health journalist whose immersion in current health issues is reflected throughout AN INVITATION TO HEALTH: The Power of Now, BRIEF,10th Edition. Hales' unique understanding of today's college students enables her to focus on topics and issues that are important and relevant to your students and will allow them to immediately make positive changes in their behavior.
- With her signature student-friendly style, Hales emphasizes behavior change using a practical, action-oriented approach.
- The text offers a wealth of insightful tips and strategies to help students make positive life changes. Hallmark features include "Your Strategies for Change," "Your Strategies for Prevention," "Health on a Budget," and "Consumer Alert."
- Helping students maximize their study time, MindTap -- available as an option with this text -- provides a unique personal learning experience that combines all the text's digital assets-reading, multimedia, activities, and assessments-into a single learning path to ensure course success.
- Giving students hands-on experience with chapter concepts, integrated online teaching and learning resources include health surveys, an interactive behavior change planner, videos, and more.
2. Your Psychological and Spiritual Well Being.
3. Stress Management.
4. Social Health.
5. Personal Nutrition.
6. Weight Management
7. Physical Activity and Fitness.
8. Sexual Health.
9. Reproductive Options.
10. Major Diseases.
12. Alcohol and Tobacco.
13. Consumer Health.
14. Protecting Yourself and Your Environment.
15. A Lifetime of Health.