Request for consultation
The eighth edition of Shimp's market-leading ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND OTHER ASPECTS OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS fully integrates all aspects of marketing communication. While continuing to focus on the time honored IMC methods, the text reflects new academic literature and practitioner developments in the field. Some reorganization along with comprehensive treatment on the fundamentals of advertising and promotion are the focus of the revision. Changes include earlier coverage of new brands (ch. 3), the latest in various forms of Internet advertising (ch. 13), a new chapter (18) on PR and word-of-mouth management, and expanded coverage environmental issues regarding global warming and sustainability in a newly-organized ethics chapter (21).
- Contemporary Ads: Approximately 90% of the ads are new to this edition. These contemporary ads illustrate concepts and provide examples to the reader of effective advertising as part of a successful IMC campaign.
- Earlier coverage of new brands (ch. 3).
- Current coverage of various forms of Internet advertising (ch. 13).
- New chapter (18) on PR and word-of-mouth management.
- Expanded coverage of environmental issues regarding global warming and sustainability in a newly-organized ethics chapter (21).
- The 2007 Clio Awards videos.
- Marcom Challenges: Many chapters open with NEW Marcom Challenges, factual anecdotes about real companies that relate to the chapter coverage.
- Many of the IMC Focus and Global Focus features are new to this edition.
- Revised Test Bank: Reflecting its importance as one of the critical components of the ancillary package, the Test Bank has been thoroughly revised by Patricia Kennedy of the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, to ensure accuracy and clarity. The Test Bank features a variety of true/false, multiple choice, and essay questions for each chapter.
- Marcom Insights: Each chapter opens with a factual anecdote about a real company that relates to the coverage within the chapter. Marcom Challenges serve to pique students' interest and set the stage for the chapter ahead by providing examples of advertising strategies for a range of successful products.
- IMC Focus: The new edition draws student attention to a variety of brilliant ad campaigns that have successfully turned products into household names. These features illustrate key IMC concepts within each chapter by using real-company situations that showcase how various aspects of marketing communications are put into practice.
- Global Focus: Global Focus boxes enhance the text's global marketing perspective and spotlight the international impact of and application of IMC campaigns.
- Comprehensive Ancillary Package: The extensive package includes the Instructor's Manual, completely revised written Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank, Instructor's CD-ROM, market-leading PowerPoint Presentation slides, and an updated Video package. The companion web site (http://wwww.cengage.com/marketing/shimp), provides valuable resources for both students and instructors.
- Clio Award Videos on DVD: The new edition comes with a video that provides a relevant and interesting visual teaching tool for the classroom. The 2007 Clio Award Videos are award-winning video clips designed to show students how advertising works in the real world, showing the creative examples of advertising worldwide.
1. Overview of Integrated Marketing Communications.
2. Marketing Communications Challenges: Enhancing Brand Equity, Influencing Behavior, and Being Accountable.
3. Facilitating the Success of New Brands.
Part II: THE FUNDAMENTAL MARCOM DECISIONS: TARGETING, POSITIONING, OBJECTIVE SETTING, AND BUDGETING.
6. Objective Setting and Budgeting.
Part III: ADVERTISING MANAGEMENT.
7. Overview of Advertising Management.
8. Effective and Creative Advertising Messages.
9. Message Appeals and Endorsers.
10. Measuring Advertising Message Effectiveness.
11. Advertising Media: Planning and Analysis.
12. Traditional Advertising Media.
13. Internet Advertising.
14. Other Advertising Media.
Part IV: SALES PROMOTION MANAGEMENT.
15. Sales Promotion and the Role of Trade Promotions.
16. Sampling and Couponing.
17. Premiums and Other Promotions.
Part V: OTHER MARCOM TOOLS.
18. Marketing-Oriented Public Relations and Word-of-Mouth Management.
19. Event and Cause Sponsorships.
20. Signage and Point of Purchase Communications.
Part VI: MARCOM CONSTRAINTS.
21. Ethical, Regulatory, and Environmental Issues.