Request for consultation
Show your students how good advertising is the result of hard work and careful planning with the exciting new ADVERTISING AND INTEGRATED BRAND PROMOTION, 7E from leading authors O'Guinn/Allen/Semenik/Close. This clearly written text brings a solid understanding of advertising strategy to life with more dynamic visuals and graphic examples than ever before. Today's most contemporary ads and exhibits help provide the innovative, integrated learning experience your students need for advertising results and business success. A comprehensive online companion to the printed text provides integrated discussion of video and other medium heretofore unavailable to be illustrated in traditional print delivery. A leader for its emphasis on integrated brand promotion, this edition combines a compelling presentation of the fundamentals of advertising with invigorating coverage of contemporary topics and the latest advertising trends. In-depth coverage of social media, new coverage of design thinking, an emphasis on globalization and more cutting-edge coverage exemplifies advertising's latest developments in today's digital society. Packed with practical applications and insights, the book presents concepts in the context of real advertising practice – as the book's content follows the same process as an actual advertising agency.
- NEW ONLINE COMPANION. A new fully integrated online companion to the printed book provides previously undeliverable access to television advertising and up-to-date data related to advertising. In addition to the content, the authors have woven in commentary on how the practice of advertising relates to the concepts in the chapter. Finally, integrated exercises and assessments provide students with feedback on how well they understand the material, and faculty with insights into how well their students are progressing in the course.
- New Chapter 14 Media Planning: Advertising and IBP in Digital & Social Media – highlights all of the new trends in Advertising and IBP through social media. Also the basics of e-commerce and how it relates to IBP are discussed. New information about social media and implementing advertising and IBP campaigns in the digital world are explored.
- NEW – CengageNow is available for Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion. CENGAGENOW™ Course Management System offers time-saving online teaching and learning resources. Organized around the essential activities in your course - lecturing, creating assignments, grading, quizzing, and tracking student progress - this robust online course management system gives you the more control in less time and delivers better student outcomes. A Personalized Study diagnostic tool empowers students to master concepts, prepare for exams, and become more involved in class.
- EMPHASIS ON ETHICAL PRACTICES HIGHLIGHTS THOSE MOST CRITICAL IN ADVERTISING TODAY. Today's headlines emphasize the need for stronger ethics in business. Solid ethical practices must guide business decisions, especially in advertising, where ethical challenges can abound.
- ROBUST INSTRUCTOR RESOURCES REDUCE PREPARATION TIME WHILE ENERGIZING EACH CLASS. This new edition continues to offer a superior set of instructor tools prepared by text author, Richard Semenik, to ensure a seamless presentation. A revised, updated Instructor's Manual provides comprehensive lecture outlines and notes, exercise solutions, and a sample syllabus. Most resources are available in electronic format on the IRCD or text website, including a comprehensive test bank, Cognero testing software, and PowerPoint® slides.
- CUTTING-EDGE COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS TODAY'S MOST CURRENT TOPICS AND EMERGING TRENDS. This extensively revised, updated new edition highlights the latest topics, the most contemporary social media issues, and emerging trends from the field. Introduce your students to the world of advertising as it happens today with new coverage of advertising media, design thinking, exhibits that highlight the latest advertising examples, and other advancements.
- PROJECT-BASED ACTIVITIES PROVIDE PRACTICAL, REAL EXPERIENCE WORKING IN GROUPS. Now you can expand your advertising knowledge with challenging, practical new project-based group projects at the end of each part. You practice working in teams to complete assignments that highlight many of today's well known actual companies.
- EXPANDED VISUALS AND THE LATEST AD EXAMPLES BRING LEARNING TO LIFE. A hallmark feature of this dynamic text, this edition's highly visual presentation provides a captivating backdrop that clearly exemplifies how advertising concepts are applied. More than 250 captivating ads and exhibits are highlighted within a magazine-style presentation that further enhances the visual impact of each ad.
- A LEADER IN BRAND STRATEGY, THIS EDITION CONTINUES TO BE AMONG FIRST TO INTRODUCE EMERGING TRENDS. The first to emphasize Integrated Brand Promotion (IBP), this innovative text continues to lead the field -- highlighting how advertising and promotion are developed and deployed to build brand awareness and affinity. This new edition reflects how today's entire advertising and promotion trade focuses on using promotional tools to build the brand. Brand Promotion integrated throughout each chapter emphasizes the importance of building brand awareness in advertising.
- PRACTICAL STRUCTURE CLEARLY PRESENTS FUNDAMENTALS OF ADVERTISING. In addition to setting the standard for coverage of emerging topics, such as social media, this edition's strengths lie in the authors' compelling presentation of the fundamentals of advertising. Students learn all of the key issues necessary to prepare a sound advertising plan. With a presentation that follows the same process as an advertising agency, this edition's logical parts reflect how advertising and IBP are developed and executed in business today.
- INTEGRATED INTERNATIONAL COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS GLOBAL ADVERTISING ISSUES. Drawing recent examples straight from today's global marketplace, this edition provides real world insights as the authors apply their international experience to the numerous global challenges facing advertisers. This edition frequently features international topics throughout the text that reflect the continuing impact of globalization on business today.
1. The World of Advertising and IBP.
2. The Structure of the Advertising Industry: Advertisers, Advertising Agencies, and Support Organizations.
3. The History of Advertising and Brand Promotion.
4. Social, Ethical, and Regulatory Aspects of Advertising and Promotion.
Part 2: ANALYZING THE ENVIRONMENT FOR ADVERTISING AND INTEGRATED BRAND PROMOTION.
5. Advertising, Integrated Brand Promotion, and Consumer Behavior.
6. Market Segmentation, Positioning, and the Value Proposition.
7. Advertising Research.
8. Planning Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion.
Part 3: THE CREATIVE PROCESS.
9. Managing Creativity in Advertising and IBP.
10. Creative Message Strategy.
11. Executing the Creative.
Part 4: PLACING THE MESSAGE IN CONVENTIONAL AND "NEW" MEDIA.
12. Media Planning Essentials.
13. Media Planning: Newspapers, Magazines, Television, and Radio.
14. Media Planning: Advertising and IBP in Digital & Social Media.
Part 5: INTEGRATED BRAND PROMOTION.
15. Sales Promotion, Point-of-Purchase Advertising, and Support Media.
16. Event Sponsorship, Product Placements, and Branded Entertainment.
17. Integrating Direct Marketing and Personal Selling.
18. Public Relations, Influencer Marketing, and Corporate Advertising.
"I think it's a great use of resources for the students for a variety of reasons. First, students can see more and learn more by looking at ads and videos online, rather than just in print. Second, Ad Age provides a lot of up-to-date information about advertising that would be out dated by the time it was printed in a textbook. Lastly, it seems hard for student's today to sit and read a textbook and get a lot from it. They need activity. By being able to go online, while reading the textbook, it makes learning material more active and effective for them."
"I like the current design, photos/ sample ads and activities. It looks like the new design will offer even more current content/ activities for students that reflect contemporary needs in the advertising market."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access