Request for consultation
This efficient, effective learning package integrates keyboarding and communication skills within a single text. Numerous keyboarding drills and engaging Skill Builder exercises help students learn keystrokes and quickly build speed and accuracy. Combined with Skills Assessment Manager (SAM)—an interactive, online learning and testing tool—the text makes your course easier to teach and manage by enabling students to work independently from anywhere.
- The text includes up-to-date coverage of Microsoft® Windows® 10, giving students exposure to the current version of this essential software, along with a greater emphasis on critical productivity commands and decreased attention to less frequently used options.
- Skills Assessment Manager (SAM), an interactive, online learning and testing tool, is now available for use in conjunction with the printed text, giving you access to powerful teaching and course management capabilities while allowing students to work independently when and where they like.
- Skill Builders now include new standard plans for using timed writings, building speed, and improving accuracy; updated instructions in drills and timed writings enable students to apply these plans and gain hands-on, practical experience.
- An extensive Reference Guide covers grammatical rules and guidelines, giving students consistent examples to use as a standard for their work.
- Communication activities, based on rules outlined in the Reference Guide, further reinforce essential business communication skills and prepare students for academic and job success.
Know Your Computer.
Part I: KEYBOARDING-DEVELOPING KEYBOARDING SKILL.
1. Alphabetic keys (L1-13).
2. Figure and Symbol Keys (L14-25).
Part IA: APPLYING KEYBOARDING SKILL.
Web-Based Computing: Internet, Cloud, and Social Media.
Prepare for Your Future.
Part IB: TECHNOLOGY AND YOU.
Keyboarding--Bridge to Today’s Technology.
Technology and Your Health.
Appendix A: Windows 10.
Appendix B: File Management.
Appendix C: Reference Guide.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, solution files, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.