Request for consultation
We're in the midst of a digital media-making revolution--and the Canon® Vixia® G10 and XA10 camcorders are at the forefront. Blurring the line between "pro-sumer" and professional, the G10 and XA10 are sharper, cleaner, more compact, more portable, and boast more professional features than any prior palm-sized camcorder in their price range. This book is a comprehensive field guide to the concepts, strategies, equipment, and procedures for achieving the best results possible with Canon's top-of-the-line palm-sized camcorders. The guide focuses on the specific features of the Canon Vixia HF G10 and XA10, but users of other camcorders in the Vixia series, the Legria series (shooting PAL), and other camcorders will find a wealth of relevant information. With a high-definition palm-sized camcorder such as the Canon Vixia G10 or XA10, your potential is limited only by your imagination and your resourcefulness.
- Covers production strategies, advanced shooting techniques, editing workflows, and more.
- Includes background and conceptual information about technical and aesthetic choices, visual design, lighting, and sound.
- Includes feature comparisons of the G10, XA10, and other currently available models in the Canon Vixia series, as well as competing brands.
1. Camcorder Basics: Getting Started.
2. Run-and-Gun Shooting.
3. Visual Composition.
4. Controlling Exposure.
5. Selective Focus and Depth of Field.
6. Controlling Color Balance.
7. Improving Sound.
8. Shooting in Available Light.
9. Lighting Techniques.
10. Shooting at Night.
11. Mounting the Camera.
12. Controlling the Moving Camera.
13. Still Photography.
14. Extreme Close-up Videography.
15. Special Features.
16. Integrating with Larger Camcorders.
17. Accessories for Palm-Size Production.
18. Production Strategies.
19. Managing and Storing Video Files.
Appendix A: Camcorder and File Precautions.
Appendix B: Canon XA10/G10 Diagrams.
Appendix C: Menu Map.
Appendix D: Canon Vixia Series Comparison.
Appendix E: XA10, Sony MC50u, Canon XF Comparison.
Appendix F: Final Cut Keyboard Commands & Shortcuts.
Appendix G: AVID Keyboard Commands & Shortcuts.
Appendix H: Premiere Keyboard Commands & Shortcuts.
Appendix I: Sony Vegas Keyboard Commands & Shortcuts.
Appendix J: Troubleshooting.