Request for consultation
Have a specific question or not sure where to start? Fill out the form below and we'll put you in touch with our best rockstar consultant to answer your questions
A GUIDE TO SQL, 8E, continues to be the essential SQL reference. It builds on the success of previous editions by presenting basic SQL commands in the context of a running case in which a business uses SQL to manage orders, parts, customers, and sales reps. The book covers the fundamentals of SQL programming using straightforward instruction and extensive hands-on exercises. Continuing with its focus on students learning the basics regardless of the database environment chosen, this edition features examples from the latest databases: Oracle 11g, Access 2007, and MySQL. The eighth edition expands on the use of running case studies by adding a third running case to the extensive hands-on pedagogy at the end of every chapter.
- The new edition teaches the basics of SQL programming using three running cases.
- The text focuses on presenting the basics regardless of the database environment and is based on Oracle 11g, Access 2007, and MySQL to keep your class current.
- Provides hands-on projects at the end of each chapter, including review questions, running cases, and extensive exercises, to solve problems and apply skills from each chapter.
- The eighth edition can be bundled with Oracle 11g software to give students hands-on database experience.
2. Database Design Fundamentals.
3. An Introduction to SQL.
4. Single-Table Queries.
5. Multiple-Table Queries.
6. Updating Data.
7. Database Administration.
8. SQL Functions and Procedures.
Appendix A: SQL Reference.
Appendix B: "How do I" Reference.
Appendix C: Answers to Odd-Numbered Review Questions.