Request for consultation
Have a specific question or not sure where to start? Fill out the form below and we'll put you in touch with our best rockstar consultant to answer your questions
This authoritative guide provides all the pedagogical, historical, and technical material necessary for the successful instruction of brass. Chapters discuss the historical development of individual brass instruments and focus on technique, including guidance for teachers and a complete method for brass playing. Individual instrument chapters include lists of recommended study material and reference sources. An audio CD of concert-hall recordings of all the exercises in the book is new to this edition.
- An audio CD of concert-hall recordings of all the exercises in the book has been included in each copy of the text.
- The new third edition has been expanded and completely revised and rewritten to bring all material to the cutting edge of the field.
- Individual instrument chapters include lists of recommended study material and reference sources.
- This text is the first to integrate detailed technical, historical and pedagogical material in one volume. Students gain a well -balanced knowledge of brass instruments and their related techniques. Thorough discussions of the acoustics of brass, tone production, as well as mouthpieces are included.
- In a unique, cross-referenced design, this text presents an accurate and current overview of the historical developments of major brass instruments.
- Numerous illustrations and photographs successfully emphasize material being presented on each instrument.
1. How Brass Instruments Work.
2. Anatomy of the Mouthpiece.
3. Trumpet and Cornet.
4. The Horn.
5. The Trombone.
6. Baritone and Euphonium.
7. The Tuba.
8. Other Brass Instruments.
9. The Historical Development of Brass Instruments.
Part II: TECHNIQUE.
10. Tone Production.
11. Playing Position.
12. Getting Started.
13. Instrument Care.
14. Notes for Conductors.