Table of Contents
PART I: THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT.
1. Business Now: Change is the Only Constant.
2. Economics: The Framework for Business.
3. The World Marketplace: Business without Borders.
4. Business Ethics and Social Responsibility: Doing Well by Doing Good.
5. Business Communication: Creating and Delivering Messages that Matter.
PART II: CREATING A BUSINESS.
6. Business Formation: Choosing the Form that Fits.
7. Small Business and Entrepreneurship: Economic Rocket Fuel.
PART III: FINANCING A BUSINESS.
8. Accounting: Decision Making By the Numbers.
9. Finance: Acquiring and Using Funds to Maximize Value.
10. Financial Markets: Allocating Financial Resources.
PART IV: MARKETING A BUSINESS.
11. Marketing: Building Profitable Customer Connections.
12. Product and Promotion: Creating and Communicating Value.
13. Distribution and Pricing: Right Product, Right Person, Right Place, Right Price.
PART V: MANAGING A BUSINESS.
14. Management Motivation and Leadership: Bringing Business to Life.
15. Human Resource Management: Building a Top-Quality Workforce.
16. Managing Information and Technology: Finding New Ways to Learn and Link.
17. Operations Management: Putting it All Together.
Appendix 1: Labor Unions and Collective Bargaining.
Appendix 2: Business Law.